Thanksgiving day is one of my favorite holidays. Why? The simplicity of it. It is a day we spend with our loved ones gathered around a dinner table eating, talking and in our house laughing. Society has us hustling and bustling to go here, get there, hurry up but, today…we slow down, eat, watch football and enjoy the simple things in life.
Today I am simply thankful. Thankful for a multitude of things but I’m only going to list a few. Here it goes…
1. A Sovreign God -He never fails me, I ONLY fail Him.
2. My husband Tal – since June he has shown me the meaning of a faithful husband.
3. Kathryn , my daughter that acts like me more than I care to admit. She has successfully accomplished her goals for life and is fixing to embark on starting her own family in January.
4. Adam, my son. He is the most generous, patient & loving 16 year old you will ever meet. He is always calm under pressure and he is a source of my strength in this battle with my health. I can depend on him regardless. He has no clue what a great human being he really is. He is going to do great things with his life and I can’t wait to see what. He is also one of the funniest people I know.
5. Jaron, whether he likes it or not he is going to be stuck with us come January as our newest but oldest child. He will never in my eyes be considered an in law or an out law. Hahaha! He loves Kathryn like she hung the moon and treats her better than we could ever dream. God bless him come January she will be his! There will be no trading in or giving back -Tal’s words. I hope he knows how much we love him and look forward to many years together as a family.
6. My Mama – this woman has driven me to work and picked me up everyday since September. She is taking care of me in her “golden” years when I should be taking care of her. Since my dad’s death we have shared every day together. My mama & I have not always seen eye to eye, we still don’t some days but my goodness we laugh right through it! I hope she knows how much I love her and how thankful I am to have her still around being my Mama.
7. Marie, technically she is my mother in law but I don’t consider her that, she’s my other mother! She has always treated me like her own. Tal & I are very thankful and truly blessed to have wonderful mothers!
8. Big Mama-she is Marie’s mother, Tal’s grandmother, Kathryn & Adam’s great grandmother. She is also my grandmother too, after 26 years she now has no choice! We love her so much and are so glad she is still around with us.
9. My church family – our church is small in number but it is FULL of prayer warriors. These folks have prayed for me and still do daily. They call, bring meals, send cards, help out around my house and love me more than I deserve! Blessed beyond measure is a good way to describe how I feel about them.
10. My sisters & brothers, nieces & nephews here they are listed – Wyatt, Jenni, Wyatt & Evan and Jody, Dena, Neeley, Cash, Carlin & Russell. Family is family and mine is the best. We may not talk every day but I know they are a call away. On Thanksgiving we all get together at my house and enjoy a meal. Wyatt is my brother, Dena is Tal’s sister – I never dreamed I would be able to have such a wonderful extension to my family.
11. Y-O-U! You are traveling this journey with me through my blog and I am thankful for your time & well wishes! Some of you I may not know personally, that doesn’t matter we can change that! Friendship is a wonderful thing & I am thankful for you!
My prayer is that you simply have a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family & friends you never know what turns life will take and if they will be here next year. Thanks for reading and may God bless you! ~Melynda